The Electronics and Electrical Communications Engineering Program aims at providing future engineers with appropriate theoretical knowledge and technical skills to respond to professional market demands, The programs aims to:
- Qualify students to understand system constituents, behavior and analysis in the following areas:
- Electronic Systems and Circuits.
- Communications Systems.
- Control Systems.
- Electronics and Communications of Computer Systems.
- Electromagnetic Waves Applications and Systems.
By the completion of the study the student will be capable to:
– Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the fundamental electrical concepts
– Select one of the five disciplines mentioned above
– Analyze and understand the behavior of any sophisticated electronic circuit or device
– Design single electronic systems
– Plan and execute research work, evaluate outcomes and draw conclusions
– Communicate efficiently in written, verbal and other forms
- Providing distinguished learning experience for students:
(Up-to-date knowledge – Useful Lab experience – Close interaction with staff – Satisfactory Internet facilities – Access to E-Learning Courses – Availability of Licensed Educational Software – Soft skills development – Basic design experience)
- Supporting enhanced research opportunities for staff:
(Adequate research spaces – Advanced research equipment – Qualified technical staff and assistants – Well-defined research plan – Joint research contracts with stakeholders – Support to win research grants)
- Encouraging continued development and upgrading of human capacities:
(Career development courses – ICT literacy – English language proficiency)
- Establishing plans for maintaining and upgrading of physical facilities:
(Adequate audio-visual facilities – Renovation of lecture halls and labs – Air conditioning in lecture halls, labs, and offices – Documentation of building drawings – Maintenance scheduling and documentation – Fire safety and hazard protection – Emergency exits and precautions – Elevator maintenance and upgrade)
- Developing modern information technology facilities to support program activities:
(Modern Local Area Network – High performance servers – Wireless Access Points – Comprehensive portal for the department – Open source E-Learning Management System – Reliable access to the Internet)
- Ensuring adequate and sustained financial resources:
(Close relationship with High Tech Center – Donations from stakeholders – Income from financed projects – Income from training courses and workshops – Income from conferences –Contributions from alumni – Department share from Graduate Student Registration – Budget allocations by Faculty and University)
- Developing mechanisms for visibility and transparency:
(Well-designed departmental portal – Organizing conferences and workshops – Authoring books and e-courses by staff – Participating in university and government committees –Providing consultancy and technical advice – Close interaction with stakeholders – Strong relationship with alumni – Participating in student competitions – Publishing papers in highly placed journals and conferences)
- Targeting national and international recognition and accreditation.